Friday, April 2, 2010

HAIR

I had my hair cut and highlighted today... It was a dramatic experience, as always. For some crazy reason, I ALWAYS need an adjustment period before I end up liking it. I got highlights because summer is approaching, and my last highlights were in July. So I was au natural by choice for the first time since probably grade school. There was only one other time I was completely natural, and that was not by choice (right after I graduated college and didn't have a job for a long time and only spent money on necessities).

So the highlight girl explains what she thinks she should do, and I oblige. It sounds about right. Well, it was definitely not what I had in mind. I don't even remember getting my hair cut because all I could think about was how much I hated the highlights. She gave me a chunky cluster of blonde on 2/3 of the front of my head. Where I get my hair cut, the people specialize, so a different person colors it and a different person cuts it. I've been having the same girl cut it since July and this was the same girl that gave me highlights in July. Anyway, I told her that I didn't like it, and she added some lowlights and smaller highlights towards the back to blend the big cluster with the rest of my head.

So by the time the second round of color is done, my hair cut girl is busy cutting someone else's hair. I blow dried and styled my OWN hair at the "self-service station." What in the world?! That is just the craziest thing I have ever heard of. Seriously, what salon makes you do your own hair? Maybe I'm off base with this, but I think it is way odd. I ended up being at the salon a lot longer than planned, and poor Brandon had to wait for me. I would have cried in the car if I would have left after round one, though. Then I probably would have tried dying it myself, and it would have been an even bigger disaster. Uffda.

I made Brandon take a Before picture this morning and an After picture when we got home. You can't see too much with the lighting, but in real life you can definitely see a difference.
And now one picture to show you where my necklace went. :)

2 comments:

The Voth's said...

You do seem to always have the dramatic hair appointments! Bummer to hear about all that drama. But I am excited to see it in person now to check it out! :-)

Emily said...

the highlights are growing on me, but i'm not so sure i like them with this haircut. i think my hair needs to grow a bit. you will see me tomorrow!