Thursday, June 24, 2010

Brookings

After lunch in Sioux Falls, we drove up to Brookings. Checked into our hotel first, then drove around town and walked around SDSU before we had to get ready for the wedding.
Sooo much has changed in four years - in Brookings and SDSU. Campus was completely under construction, and I could not believe all of the new buildings and renovations on old ones. I'm guessing they still are having record enrollments every year to be able to be doing so much construction. Orientation was going on, so the Union and the new wellness center were open. We were drooling over the wellness center comparing it to what we had when we were there. We also stopped in the bookstore to buy a t-shirt and bottle koozie.
We even drove past the old house we lived in our junior year. The night before Brandon bet me that it was tore down, so I had no choice but to bet that it was still standing, although I was sure it wasn't going to be there anymore, too. Well, some sucker was dumb enough to sign a lease there. There was evidence of habitation when we went by. I should have bet something, because I could have gotten a foot rub out of it or something. ;)
Tracy and Luke's wedding! It was in McCrory Gardens, and the weather was perfect for an outdoor wedding. I'm super happy for them and glad we were there.

No comments: