I planned a surprise mini getaway to Duluth for Brandon and me. We had originally planned to go to Chicago, but my knee cancelled those plans. We just went for one night and made the most out of two days. Brandon didn't find out where we were going until after we dropped the dogs off at the JGs. I had it planned for a few weeks, and I am so proud of myself for keeping it from him. If I'm excited about anything, he usually knows right away. He gets all his presents the day I buy them, too. Anyway, I chose the restaurants and the activities and booked our hotel and even packed his suitcase. We went to the Great Lakes Aquarium, Haunted Ship, Gooseberry Falls, and Split Rock Lighthouse. We ate at Fitger's, Bellisio's, New Scenic Cafe and Northern Waters Smokehaus - all had great food. It was a short trip, but a nice change of scenery to celebrate Brandon's birthday.
 |
| I made Brandon take an outfit photo. I'm in love with my new leopard shirt. |
 |
| looking a little like a local |
 |
| right outside our hotel |
 |
| That was a gravel something or other that didn't work very well. |
 |
| Gooseberry Falls |
 |
| Split Rock Lighthouse |
 |
| The sun came out just in time for our drive home. |
No comments:
Post a Comment