Thursday, April 29, 2010

Strength Training

I hit a milestone this month. I have been strength training for one year. I kind of always wanted to lift weights, but I never really knew what to do and how much, etc. and thus never did it. Well, last spring I finally met with a trainer, and he taught me how to lift and told me what I should be doing and when. He was super helpful, and we met quite a few times (until he left me high and dry last fall because his role at the gym was changing). While at my initial meeting with him, he also did a bunch of measurements and tests, one of which was the BodPod. I am really curious to see if my percent body fat has improved, because one year ago it was not good. I can definitely tell a difference just in every day life and can see toning, but I want to see some numbers. I just want a little extra motivation. One of these days I need to schedule another evaluation and find out.

No comments: