I made this a couple weeks ago and really liked it. I think I had a little too much sweet potato, so it was drier than it should have been, but I know that for next time. ;) This recipe is from Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazine.
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large onion
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (28 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1/4 c brewed coffee
- 2 T honey
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- shredded cheese to garnish
- In a nonstick Dutch oven (I used a large pot instead) coated with cooking spray, saute sweet potatoes and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add the chili powder, garlic, cumin and cayenne; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, coffee, honey, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
1 comment:
Mom and I made it yesterday. It was really good. Mom thought it was hot, but it was just right for me.
Laura
Post a Comment