Tuesday, September 20, 2011

4 weeks post surgery

Four weeks ago today I had knee surgery.  Even though I'm nowhere near back to normal and not walking nor even driving, it seems like such a long time ago.  There has been a huge improvement in pain and swelling, but I think some spots are still a little swollen and it still burns quite often.  I can bend it to about 80 degrees and have a goal of 90 degrees for my next appointment on the 26th.  According to my timeline, I could possibly be walking in 2 weeks.  I've been back to work since Sept. 2, and went to the gym for the first time on Sept. 16.  I did upper body lifts and the bike that adjusts to whatever limbs you have.  It felt so good to get moving.  I took some 4-week photos.
just three little incisions, the biggest one is right next to a pre-existing scar, and the hardest one to see is a thin little line

difference in leg muscles, and this is even after doing exercises for 2 weeks, I cried the first time I compared them and have since accepted it now that I can actually do something to make my leg stronger.

No comments: